This is a call for entries for our 2012 C.P. Cavafy Prize in Poetry! $1000 dollars to the winner!
DEADLINE: November 16, 2012
$15 entry fee for up to three poems; you may include additional poems, for a $3 reading fee per poem.
Make checks payable to Poetry International.
Please mail your submissions to:
C.P. Cavafy Award
Dept. of English and Comparative Literature
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Dr. San Diego, CA 92182-6020
Guidelines for Poetry International Contests
- Only previously unpublished work is eligible for consideration.
- Provide your contact information & titles of all poems submitted, on the title page.
- Author name and information should appear only on the title page.
- No handwritten entries, please.
- Please make your entry easy to read–no illustrations, fancy fonts or decorative borders.
- Simultaneous Submission Allowed: You may submit your poems simultaneously. Please contact us if we need to withdraw your poem(s) because they have been accepted elsewhere.
- Please make checks out to “Poetry International.”
- Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you wrote both the original poem and the translation.
- No SASE necessary. We will announce the winners on our website and blog. All manuscripts will be recycled.”